Let's Chat: Self Love

3:45 PM Nameless b. 0 Comments

I'm gonna be honest, I have been wanting to do these types of blog posts where I talk about issues that I feel strongly about and things that I feel inspired about as well as sharing my opinions and knowledge on these things. I was inspired even more because I was on facetime with my very close friend, Suzzane (ily girl xx). And we were talking about self growth and basically it was a good time.
 I've been putting it off because I didn't want to sound 'preachy' or whatever but the topic of this post will probably make me a hypocrite haha. So I'm just gonna go in, cold turkey. Oh and a disclaimer: You do not have to agree to whatever I'm saying, these are just my opinions and knowledge I have learned throughout my own personal journey.
Self love is a journey that everyone takes at their own pace and different routes. You shouldn't hold yourself back from receiving all the love that you deserve. If you are doing things or making decisions for yourself , it's because you love yourself. I think there's so much stigma nowadays that love for one's self is misunderstood as being selfish which I think should be made clear of the differences between the two. Self love has a domino effect; the more you embrace and accept yourself, the more you learn to love yourself.

Personally, it took me a while to fully accept that I am different in my own ways both mentally and physically. I know it is easier said than done but slowly you'll get there. Trust me. Some "steps" I guess you could say, that I did to get to where I am now with my journey of self love is the kind of people I surround myself with. This is one of the many social determinants that affects the way we may feel about and see ourselves. It's easy to be blind sighted in social relationships and interactions. The toxicity people spread especially in today's generation can harmful to our personal well being. I guess the main point of what I'm saying is remember your worth, only ever surround yourself with people who return the favor of spreading the kindness and positivity you put forth. Have you heard of the saying, "You are who you hang with"? Yeah, pretty sure a lot of us learned the truth of that saying the hard way. So be careful that the people around you are not harming your relationship with yourself.
One of the most important "steps" I had to surpass which was the hardest for me was getting over the hurdle of "I'm not good enough". You ARE good enough. We shouldn't be so hard on ourselves for every little bad thing we do or see about ourselves. I have a journal that I write everything on and what really helped me get over this hurdle is writing things I liked about myself, these are great reminders to keep your chin up. Flaunting and showing off your favourite characteristics and being confident doesn't make you conceited, remember that.
Lastly, do things that you love!!! Things that inspire you and fill your soul. These 'things' could be painting, writing, running, whatever. Do it. I personally have always loved writing, reading inspires me to write and so does listening to music with lyrics that makes you feel things. When it came to school assessments I found it easy to write essays in comparison to my friends and classmates. Realizing this, I took a step back and thought to myself, "Hey I'm quite good at this, I love that about myself."  I cannot stress enough how important it is to love things about yourself and things you love doing. Dedicate time to doing these things and dedicate time to yourself, it's funny how much you learn about yourself when you get so much 'me time'.

A little bit of health education info: our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well being all come full circle. How you choose for these aspects of well being to be impacted affects how the others are impacted too. Keep a positive mindset and an open heart, you have the power to manifest these qualities you love about yourself and become who you want to become.
All my love,
Bianca.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: